Tuesday 9 September 2014

mt x G8

As you know I'm in love with the 3 M's, Moleskine, Midori and mt!!! So you can imagine my excited at this mt event in Tokyo. While I only got the check out the shop and none of the workshops it was still fucking amazing! My IG buddy and now friend Aya found this and suggested we should check it, she's such a cleaver girl! This was out first meeting and it was so much fun. You just just make us out in the first pic!

mt x G8  was an mt event at the Creation Gallery G8  in Shimbashi. They held workshops for kids and adults, sold tape, had clothes made with masking tape and a workspace area for making you own badges. Work was displayed by Anzai Mizumaru, Ed Emberley, Philip Wise Becker, Paul Cox, mintdesigns and Tadanori Yoko who had also designed tapes or hod tapes made from their original artwork. The clothes made with masking tapes were amazing and totally wearable. The patterns and colours for the masking task would totally work as fabric.

There were plenty of limited edition tapes by the artists as well as well as tapes from other events around Japan. This made it very hard to resist! My fav and I wish I had bought an extra roll was by Tadanori Yoko. Of course Aya and I made our own badges while we were there. The workspace was decorated with artwork from the workshops earlier in the week. Checking out the space is worth it alone specially as admission is free but of course how could go and NOT BUY any of the tape! Photos of my purchases at the bottom!

Creation Gallery G8
Recruit Ginza 8 Bldg., 1F
8-4-17 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8001
TEL:03-6835-2260
Open 11:00 a.m.—7:00 p.m.
Closed Sundays and holidays.





























No comments :

Post a Comment